Tuesday, August 30, 2011

24 weeks and 2 days Along. . . .


If you read the title of this blog post and immediately gasped and thought, "OMG, she is PREGNANT!" then pick yourself up off the floor and let's talk.  First of all, if you actually had that thought run through your mind then you must not have seen me in a good long while.  I've been trying to lose weight, not gain it.  And, secondly, you should KNOW that I am DONE DONE DONE this time.  Pregnancy no longer exists in my vocabulary.  I'm done.  Very done.  Forever done.

Lately I've been blogging and talking non-stop about hubby and kids, kids, kids.  ENOUGH!  

Let's talk about what's really important:  MY HAIR.  

Many of you know that I have been growing my super short, super easy, super chic haircut out for awhile now.  I decided to grow it out to chin length to give me (and hubby) something different to look at.  Why I would choose summertime and choose AFTER I'm pregnant and not taking the prenatal vitamins that makes your hair grow superfly fast, I do not know.  But, I did.  It's been 24 weeks, 2 days.  Below is what it looks like at this point. . . 





















Now, with all that being said let's talk about cats.  I'm a firm believer in NOT declawing cats.  I think it is demeaning to their cool cat character.  Cats are unique animals.  They are extremely confident, clever, and independent creatures.  When you declaw a cat you take away his or her confidence in my opinion.  When I started growing my hair out I was essentially declawing myself.  Over the weeks I became less confident and always seemed to be doing SOMETHING with my hair!  

So. . . I fixed the problem.  Here is the return of me! (in my best cool, catlike look)





My claws are back.  I'm confident, cool, and as independent as a wife and mom can be.  I am happy to say that I failed miserably at growing my hair out to chin length.  But, I can say that it made me appreciate my short locks again.  Ah, SO nice to spend 2 minutes on my hair once in the morning and not even have to think about it all day.  I'm enjoying free time again and cool breezes.  (Sorry Mom.  I know you wanted your little girl with pony tails back.  Just can't happen.  I would suggest you pull out the picture albums and that may console you??  LOVE YOU!!!)

I now have a new goal:  to get in really great shape before I turn 40.  I hope to be happy with where I am on my birthday next March.  I have 213 days to accomplish my goal.  Actually, it sounds better to me if I say I have 18,403,200 seconds left to accomplish this goal.  

I've definitely talked enough about me today.  Tomorrow it's back to my REALLY important world. . . my family and friends.  It was fun to talk about me for a little while though.  ;)
  

2 comments:

  1. hahahha, you crack me up! loved this!

    still wish you could've stuck it out with the hair though...haha

    oh and btw, you look GREAT already! just sayin..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you, whether your hair is long or short!!!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete