Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Good Times, Wild Times = One Pooped Out Mom!

Everybody knows school is about to start. . . . even Pre-K!  This year Paul and I decided to send Zach to school 5 mornings a week instead of three like we did last year.  Inching closer and closer to Kindergarden (as much as I hate to admit it!) so we are getting him more and more used to spending his days at school (and getting Mom closer and closer to reality that her baby is growing up way too fast!)

Since this is his last week before the school regime starts we have been really focusing on having just pure fun around here.  Zach and Chase have had several playdates recently (cousin Trevor, Logan and Lucas, Cooper and Cassidy, Scarlett) so we have been working hard on playing around!

I will share a few hundred (just kidding, or am I?) instagrams that tell the story of our fun much better than I could ever write.  However I will tell you a few details about our insane fun today.  Trevor (Z and C's cousin) came over again today.  While it got rather loud, chaotic and hairy at times around here it was all good.  Even Chase Parker enjoyed every second.  The louder it got the better it seems for him.  He was right in the mix!  Here was our agenda. . .

0)  First and foremost, throw out a healthy breakfast and just eat chocolate chip muffin tops!
1)  Wagon ride in the cool morning air.  (ah!  what NICE weather for a change!)
2)  Train Scavenger Hunt (went very well!).
3)  Toilet Paper Art Class (ok, was INSANELY fun for the kids but not the cats!!).
4)  Building a cool train track for Zach's new train.
5)  Lunch at Red Elephant.
6)  Swimming at Grandma's.
7)  Crashing on couch and watching cartoons.

ALL were done and checked off our list.  Even the house was put back in order before Daddy got home.

Then, on top of all that, Zachary gets to spend the night at Grammy and Papa's house tonight and tomorrow head to Thomasville for another train adventure.

What a day.  The very best part of my day was, after sending hubby a few pics of our day, I get a text from him saying, "You are such a great Mom!"  That made my day definitely.  I don't feel like I succeed in that area very often but maybe today I did.

Here are a few pics and videos from today and recent fun in the last couple of weeks. . .


The calm before the storm began today. . .



My secret to success. . . 




















































Other recent fun days. . . 


































FUN with Logan and Lucas!!




























1 comment: