Wednesday, August 24, 2011

One Of The TWO Coolest Kids Ever. . .


2011 First Day at Trinity United Methodist Preschool!


This week was back to school week!  Zachary was excited and nervous all at the same time.  When Monday rolled around he acted like he was happy to go.  He even let me take a couple of pictures without much mouthiness.

We arrived at school and he had big smiles for Mrs. Stacey and Mrs. Duclos.  He put his lunch in his cubby and off he went.  No time to hug Mom bye.  I was happy to see him happy.

When I picked him up at 1 PM he was a chatterbox.  He told me all about his day and was excited to tell me that he got a sticker AND a checkmark on the blackboard for "best behavior".  He told me about playing outside with Logan and Drew and eating lunch.  He had so much fun!  He wanted to call Daddy and Grammy and Papa and tell them all about his day too.  After his phone calls I was still asking him questions and he suddenly stopped and said, "Mom, could I get a break now?  I'm pooped!"

And, today, Wednesday he has still been excited when I pick him up.  He loves giving me details which I enjoy.  (I know that won't last long!)  Mrs. Duclos is going to make this year awesome for sure.  His classroom is so nice (will try to take pictures soon) and I love the fact that Mrs. Duclos has each child sign in themselves (as do the parents) each morning when they arrive.  It's such a neat idea! (will try to post a picture of the sign in board soon.)

Tomorrow he is taking Ted the Turtle for his first Show & Tell.  He's so excited!

When I look at my little boy now I see no trace of baby or toddlerhood.  He is all boy.  He's so grown up in the way he acts and talks now.  Kind of sad but kind of exciting.  He is such a great kid.  His Daddy and I couldn't be more proud of him.








No comments:

Post a Comment