Thursday, September 1, 2011

A Mom's Gotta Do What A Mom's Gotta Do.

Every Mom ALWAYS needs a break.  No matter if you are an "outside of the home" working mom, stay at home mom, whatever mom.  If you have "mom" in your title you definitely need a break.  It is a 24/7 job.

I am very blessed to be a stay at home mom.  I've had other friends tell me that they long for that same opportunity.  I, on the other hand, sometimes secretly long for the opportunity to go out of the house and "work".  That wish is most of the time short lived and I've discovered that I wish that more and more on the days that I just need a break, even if it's just a little break.

I've never spent a night away from both of my children.  I can't remember the last time I went out of town without a hubby or kids to just have a "me" weekend.  So, I decided it was time.  I needed more than just a little break. . . I needed a REAL break.

So, my girlfriend Jill and I headed to Destin last weekend.  It was wonderful.  Beach.  Shopping.  Pool.  Gym.  Eating healthy.  Eating sinfully rotten.  Staying up late.  Sleeping in a little.  Spa day.  Did I mention SPA DAY!  It was the break I needed.  While I missed my family terribly I really enjoyed myself.

The spa day was my favorite.  I don't remember the last time I've had a facial (and it was 80 glorious minutes that went by way too fast!) and I loved having the hand and foot massage.  It was divine.  I even gave myself a break from the "big daddy" camera that I usually haul around.  I ONLY used my phone the entire weekend.

On Sunday night I returned to my real life at about 9PM.  It felt SO good.  My little Zach had stayed up to see me get home and came running to the door when I walked in.  Then hubby gave me a big hug and kiss.  Little Chase was sleeping soundly but the next morning had nothing but big grins for me.  It was wonderful being away but awesome to be able to come home relaxed to my three wonderful men.

Thank you to my hubby and grandparents for making this weekend stress free for me to relax and enjoy.  Now when I need a break I can just close my eyes and picture the beach, enjoy the pool, and remember  spa day.  Memories should keep me going for awhile!

Here are my snapshots from the weekend. . . .







I mentioned eating healthy. . . my rice cake with bananas and peanut butter!



REALLY?  People!  Do you not think this is common sense?  Diarrhea?
I've always found this pool sign at our condo hilarious.


What I woke up to every morning.




another waking up picture. . .just so relaxing!



my new favorite cereal.  thanks Jill for introducing me!



love this SPA!



my view from the spa deck.



my nice shady umbrella.















a mom enjoying her break.



cool car visiting the spa.



my sinfully rotten eating. . . yummy.



one man that I missed very much!!



one tiny man that I missed very much!!

And the other man that I missed THE MOST is not pictured.  He gets a tick when he sees a camera pointed at him so it was a no go!  He knows who he is and he knows he's very loved.


No comments:

Post a Comment