Saturday, March 19, 2011

A Party 50 Years In The Making. . .

Today we celebrated my parents' 50th Wedding Anniversary.  Their actual anniversary is March 12 but we had a party in honor of them today.  It was fantastic!  The weather was awesome, the food delicious, great friends, and loving family that were gathered all made it a wonderful, memorable day for my parents.

The party was held at our home and I had so much help from my brothers, my husband, and most of all, my sweet sister in law, Deke.  The house was decorated with gold and ivory satin balloons and fresh flowers.  My parents were surrounded by close friends and family, some of them who they had not seen in years.  It truly was a fantastic day.

After the party and luncheon most of us headed down to Wakulla Springs for more fun in the gorgeous sunshine.

Here are a few pictures from the fun day.  All of these plus many more are posted on Facebook.


My brothers and I gave Mom and Dad this frame with the "Harwood Street Herald".  We each wrote articles with memories of our parents while living in our childhood home on Harwood Street.



Mom and Dad enjoyed themselves so much!!














What a FUN FUN day!!  I love you so much Mom and Dad!!

1 comment:

  1. It was a wonderful day! AND Daddy and I are still laughing about the news articles of Harwood Street memories you three wrote. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect celebration! Thanks to everyone who participated!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete