Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Great Week With My Boys. . .

Zachary, Chase and I have been enjoying our Spring Break week.  Since the weather has been awesome we have enjoyed a lot of time outside.  I wish this cool weather would LAST!!   The boys have been enjoying the bouncehouse (we even eat lunch in it!), the sandbox and sand/water table, playing golf, playing ball, riding bikes, taking walks, etc.

Zach is having fun at Grandma's today playing with his cousin Trevor.  Tomorrow he is headed out of town with Grammy and Papa on a train adventure.  They are visiting Rice Yard, Waycross, Folkstone, Blackshear and who knows where else!  He is SO excited to go.  He's been looking forward to this for a while and waiting on the time to change so he will have more daylight to enjoy everything.   When he gets home tomorrow night I'm sure there will be NON STOP chatter telling me and his Daddy about every single train he saw.   He has a big time when he goes!

Chase and I are just getting back from a nice walk and about to have lunch.  He is being such a sweet baby boy and I am loving every second with him.   A few months ago when I was feeling very stressed with trying to get used to having two kids I started praying that God would give me an overwhelming love for my children.  All of us, of course, love our children with our life, but instead for specifically praying for patience (which I've learned can be very dangerous!) I asked Him to really help me focus on loving them.  While I am fortunate and blessed to be able to stay at home with my kids it can be nerve racking so some days it is really hard to "feel" that overwhelming love.  Not saying that I never get cranky or snappy with them but I have noticed that He is helping me FEEL that love for them all day long.  In return, I think I at least TRY to have more patience with them and try to focus more on having fun and doing my job as "mom" better.    Some days I'm dying for them to take their nap and then find myself missing them and wishing they would wake up!  

It's sometimes hard to remember that I have a heavy responsibility and a very important job in always striving to set a good example for my children.  I fail miserably often but I'm thankful to have God to help me.  (Along with a couple of sets of awesome grandparents!)  :)

I do love my boys!  I'm sure you can tell I'm very proud of both of them by the "few" pictures I take.  Here are a "few" more from our fun together this week. . .

sweet moments like these makes all the stress well worth it!









enjoying lunch in the bouncehouse!



love this sweet little face!!



love this sweet little face too!!







chewing his toys with his one tooth!






1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures and your comments! Cherish every moment! They grow up SO fast.

    Love you!
    Momma

    ReplyDelete