Friday, May 20, 2011

Lots To Talk About . . .

Well you can tell I've been super busy lately. . . slacking in the blog department!  I don't like going this many days because I forget everything.  I guess that's what happens with old age and motherhood combined, huh.

Lots to share. . .

Another train adventure!  Last Wednesday Zachary woke up early and was excited to get his day started.  It was the day he was headed to Manchester, GA.  He kept telling me and his Daddy (over and over and over!) that 80 trains usually come through there in one day.  Originally I was scheduled to accompany Papa and Zach on this excursion but at the last minute I was dumped by my son and replaced by Grammy.  Oh well!  They left about 7:30AM and headed to Plains, GA. first.  Many of you may know this is the town that President Jimmy Carter calls home.  He teaches a Sunday School class at a local church there and has for many many years.  Interesting enough, my parents had the honor of attending his class several years ago.  My father loves recounting the story of how he made a comment in the class and the President was impressed.  They had the opportunity to talk with him a little and said he was very warm and down to earth.  I've always thought that was kind of neat.  Anyway, his campaign headquarters was a train depot there in Plains.  So, of course that was on Zach's list of places to see.

After Plains they headed to Manchester.  Zachary was excited to tell us that he saw THREE trains moving at once.  The boy just lives and breathes this stuff.  Mom was able to get several pictures so I will post some below.  It was rather chilly there so I am glad my father insisted that I dress him warmly.  :)

Overall they had a fabulous day and got home at a reasonable time too. . . around 8:45PM.  That was pretty good considering they traveled over 400 miles that day.

And on to other news. . .

Last week at this time I was in the middle of a fun photoshoot.  I have tentatively decided to start a little business (if I find time!).  Not sure on all the particulars yet but I did run an ad on craigslist for one day just to put some feelers out.  I had two families respond and I scheduled the photoshoot for one family last Friday.  Adam, Sarah, and sweet Abby were wonderful to meet and EASY to photograph.  Adam services in our military and was headed back to Korea in a few days so they wanted to get the shoot done quickly.  We headed to Oven Park and had a wonderful time.  Abby, who is 2  years old, did AMAZINGLY well.  I will include a couple of my favorite shots from that shoot.  Here is the link to my new photography website (don't know if it's final or not, but it's a work in progress) if you want to take a look and let me know what you think:

http://birdwellphotography.blogspot.com/

After doing that one photoshoot I realized that I just really don't have the time I would love to have right now to practice my passion.  But, at least I can do a little here and there and have fun!  When Chase gets old enough to send to preschool then I'm sure I will try to do a little more.

Let's see. . . what am I leaving out?  Well, we have had fun with our boys. . . Chase is learning to crawl and driving me nuts!  You know I'm a freakish mom and I just have to get used to the idea that he is going to crawl, he is going to fall, he is going to get into stuff that he shouldn't, he is going to get bumps and bruises, and I just need to deal with it!  But, I'm getting the sneaking suspicion that Chase will be MUCH more adventurous than Zach so I'm a little worried about how I will handle that.  Ah, see, I'm not getting over it am I!  :)

I was able to go to my nephew Aaron's Guitar Concert last week.  As always, he did a great job.  Even had a few solos!  He looked so cool and calm up there while some of the others were visibly shaking.  He definitely gets his musical talents from his Mom!  His girlfriend was there so I had fun harassing them afterwards.  I can't believe he is 16.  Amazing how time flies.

Last Saturday we enjoyed Cassidy Harrell's dance recital at Chiles High School.  She was SO GOOD!  I was anxious to be able to take pictures.  I was disappointed that we didn't get great seats in the auditorium but during her performances I snuck up to the front and found an empty seat right on the first row!  It was pitch black in the audience so it was hard to get awesome shots but I gave it a good try.  I'll post a couple down below.  We are so proud of Cassidy!

Zachary has started his refresher course this year for ISR swimming.  He did the 6 week course (EVERY day of the week you have a lesson!) so we are glad it's only 2 weeks this year.  He was a little scared the first day but quickly got over that and did great.  He is such a big boy now!  The first day I took him to the lesson I saw another woman there (she had sunglasses on) and one of her kids came up to me and asked me if my name was "Beth"?  I said yes and then her mom looked at me and said "I'm Niki Strickland!"  I couldn't believe it!!  She was my best friend when I was growing up and she left our school in 8th grade and I lost touch.  I have often wondered about her and tried to find her on Facebook, etc. but never was able to.  It was SO fun to reconnect.  We are planning on dinner so to catch up.

On Wednesday of this week, Paul enjoyed a fun morning with Zachary.  His class went to the Brogan Museum for the morning!  After touring the museum and having some fun classes (they made sidewalk chalk) they headed outside for a picnic lunch in the park.  Daddy had SO much fun with Zach!!  I packed them both a sack lunch and put little love notes in each one.  I think I got brownie points. . .   :)

Last night we took Zach to see Thomas the Tank Engine at the Civic Center.  It was AWESOME!  They did a great job and he was so happy to go.  At the end of the 1 hour 45 minute show he started pouting and didn't want it to be over.  He could have stayed there all night mesmorized by those trains.  I decided not to take my big camera to the event but of course as soon as it started I was kicking myself.  I ALWAYS WANT MY CAMERA!  So, I got one crappy picture with my iPhone.  :(

I think that pretty much covers it.  We are looking forward to a fun filled weekend.  Planning on taking the kids to Olly Wally's tomorrow with Cooper and Cassidy and then having lunch out with the Harrell's.  We are going to nail down all the plans for our beach trip with them next Friday!  I cannot WAIT to go to Destin.  It's been almost a year since we have been to our condo.  Last time I was extremely prego and not too comfortable.  This year will be Chase's first time at the condo and at the beach.  I am curious to see how he does.  Of course since I thought I was DONE after Zachary and sold everything we are going to have to set up a crib, etc. again for Chase.  That will be fun to do!  :(  But, we are hoping for wonderful weather for our Memorial Day weekend getaway.  Can't wait to see all the kids having fun together.

Well, better go!  Enjoy your Friday guys!!


Zach's train adventure to Manchester and Plains. . .










My new logo for my tentative sideline, just for fun, business?



my photoshoot with the Blogett family. . . 














Chase Parker learning to crawl!




Aaron's Guitar Concert. . . 







Cassidy's Dance Recital. . . 







Zach Swimming Again!



Thomas the Tank Engine at the Civic Center. . . (crappy picture, uugh!)






1 comment:

  1. that's so cool that you found your long lost best friend! how fun!!! :) love all the pics of your photo shoot! you're so talented!

    ReplyDelete