Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Revved Up Relaxing Weekend. . .

Last year our family went to the first ever SuperMoto races and really enjoyed it.  Chase Parker actually went too when he was only a few weeks old.  I didn't get to take my camera since I had to stay pretty far away from the racetrack so it wouldn't be too loud for Chase.  This year Zachary was excited to go again!  Grammy graciously agreed to stay with Chase while we had a fun outing with Zach.  I was excited to get the chance to try out action photography since the only thing I ever practice is portrait photography.

Yesterday when we woke up the weather was not very promising.  It had stormed in the middle of the night but around mid morning sunshine broke through into a gorgeous day.  We arrived at the races around 11:30 and I immediately started snapping shots.  It was so much fun!

Dr. Fenn, of Fenn Chiropractic, was participating.  He came up and chatted for a few minutes and, of course, I promised to snap some shots for him.  Turns out the good doc is a pretty good racer!  He brought home the gold in two classes.  Congrats!  (I wonder if he needed an "adjustment" after the race.  Ha!)

Zachary had his ear plugs in and so did Daddy.  I was out there on the front lines with bare ears!  It wasn't too bad though.  It definitely is requires different photography skills.  I have learned to shoot in manual mode over the last several months and I'm glad I did.  That is really the only way to get a good shot.  It helps to have a nice camera and great zoom lens but it's hard learning how to use it!  It was lots of fun though, can't wait til next year.  I'm sure Chase Parker will enjoy it, he seems to be a dare devil like his Daddy.

Later that evening we met David, Deke, and Aaron at Red Elephant for a relaxing dinner.  I say "relaxing" jokingly of course.  I feel like we are now one of "those" families that people cringe at going out with because it's not so relaxing with two kiddos!  (I'm kidding mostly, our kids are usually very well behaved, thank goodness!)  Chase Parker, of course, put on a show and Zach had a blast playing in the game room.  (Thanks cousin Aaron for taking him!).

Today we enjoyed the early service at church and then just chillin' (well, not really. . . I worked HARD!) at the house for the afternoon.  I decided to not do my daily workout but instead trim a few shrubs in the front yard by hand, leaving the electric trimmers in the garage.  NOT a good decision, I should have worked out!  Whew!  I am worn out!!  Daddy kept track of the boys for me and had a good time with them.  While they were napping I walked into the backyard and found quite a sight.  See below for a picture!

After wearing my arms out trimming shrubs I decided to do damage to my back and legs.  The basset hounds were in need of a bath since their winter fur is falling out.  Crazily I decided to tackle this too.  Both of them, thankfully, behaved pretty well.  They were happy to get some doggie treats afterwards.  Chase had fun watching the bath show too.

In other news, I have once again, decided to grow my hair out. Why I decide this when summer seems about a week away I have no idea!  But, I have and I will.  Hopefully I will survive. I've done it before so I'm sure I can do it again.  Gonna aim for chin length with longer layers this time.  I'm sure it might evolve as we go.  Anyway, I thought it might be fun to post pictures periodically showing the growth and changes (ugly stages and all!)  On the left side of our blog, underneath the slideshow "our family" I will post another slideshow called "longer locks lookout".  Every 4-6 weeks I will post new pictures.  These pictures posted today are with 6 weeks worth of growth already.

Well, that's enough news for today.  Gotta go boil some eggs for Zach to take to school to decorate.  I'm looking forward to going to his school this week for their egg hunt.  Zachary is so excited too.

Here are a few shots from our fun weekend. . .


FL SuperMoto 2011!




Zach and Daddy getting their ear plugs set.



LOVE this one!  Gotta love the tie!!


Dr. Fenn





Uh Oh!!!



This little guy was EIGHT years old!  Amazing. . . 






Dr. Fenn catching some air




Two of my three favorite boys hangin' out. . . 



Crazy daddy!  NUTS!  And in flipflops!  Trying to make Chase's swing more level.



Taken when they didn't know Mom was watching.  They were so cute together.  Zach gave him kisses too!  They REALLY love each other so much.

2 comments:

  1. Love all the comments and photos! Looking forward to seeing all the changes in hair length!

    Love,
    Momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. wahooooooo for long hair! haha, but like I always say, you look beautiful with short hair too! :)

    ReplyDelete