Monday, August 20, 2012

School Days Are Really Here????


As I sit down to write this blog entry the house is quiet.  Something I have selfishly been longing for but now that it's here I'm kinda sad.  My poor husband has had his hands full this past weekend.  I've been an emotional roller coaster for sure.  I think most mom's get like this. . . hopefully I'm not the only one.

In a sense I have been dreaming of the day when both of my boys are "school age" and I will have more time to get things done that I have needed to for so long.  But, now that those days are here, I'm a WRECK!  It really hit me driving home from Orientation last Thursday.  There is no going back now.  School days have arrived!

I did, of course, have to take pictures.  Zachary is starting Kindergarten and Chase Parker is starting PreK-2 this year.  I had to document!  I have to say I don't look forward to photographing my own children.  Most of you that have kids know that this is a task that will test your patience level to the fullest.  When your kid sees you behind a camera it's like they immediately think to themselves. . . "how can I quickly get far far away"  Or, they run to you and won't let go.  These two tactics are classic.  And, of course, smiles are never acceptable in their book.  It's much easier to photograph children that are not your own!

Zachary is old enough that bribes work.  And, yes, I sure do use them to my advantage!  Whatever it takes to get a great picture.  Chase Parker on the other hand, cares nothing about bribery.  I realized that if I was able to get even one good shot that would be a miracle.  He is constantly moving and constantly looking every direction opposite me.  But, I tried and am happy with the two he decided to give me!


Chase Parker, somehow I know that even though you are the youngest in your class at only 2 years and 3 weeks old, you will not let that intimidate you.  You are your own little confident person for sure!  I'm so proud of you and I know you will be the best that you can be.  Mrs. Maggie will definitely have her hands full but I know you will bring her much joy my sweet boy.  (And, thank you for at least one decent picture!)

And, I had to include this next picture of you.  This sums you up perfectly.  You are loud, you are boisterous, you are strong willed and determined to be YOU!  But, on the flip side you are so so sweet, loving, and give the best hugs and kisses ever!  Have a wonderful school year. . . Mom and Dad are SO proud of you!



And now my firstborn. . . Zachary Thomas. . .


I can't believe that sign you are holding says Kindergarten.  I just can't believe it!!  I'm so glad you felt comfortable today and didn't show any signs of being nervous.  I want you to enjoy this experience!  I'm relieved you seem to already love your school and your teacher and are looking forward to making great friends.  Even though you are quiet spoken you are full of confidence and really step up to the plate and do a great job.  I love that you are so meticulous and thoughtful.  You are going to have a great year!


And, even though this road that you have started on today will seem so long to you, it will fly by for me and Dad for sure.  It will seem like you will never get out of school, that you will never be out on your own.  That's why it's hard for me today.  I know that these days will fly by for me.  Before I blink you will be in middle school, high school and looking at colleges.  Yikes!

Your Dad and I are so very proud of you Zachary.  We will be with you every step of the way.  We love you and want you to have a fabulous year!




So very proud of both of our boys!!!

Love,
~Mom


1 comment: