Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Dinner Time Is So Entertaining!

I am loving our dinner time over the past few days. . . it is informative and definitely entertaining.  If Paul and I get through it without bursting out in laughter it's a miracle.

Zachary has really opened up about his Kindergarten experience so far.  And, he takes it so seriously so Paul and I have to too!

He is really loving every minute and he absolutely adores his teacher, Mrs. Bist.  She is wonderful!

Highlights from this week's dinner table conversations:

"Momma, a real kid got a yellow note today."  That is NOT good.  But!  Guess What!  Silly Sally actually got a RED note.  That is REALLY not good!  She ignored Mrs. Bist!  Can you believe it?  But, momma, don't worry, she's not real."


"I always go to the bathroom before we go to the library, even if I don't have to.  Mrs. Bist always asks all the kids if they need to go and some of them say no but when they get to the library they suddenly have to go!  I don't understand why they do that!  The library teacher is not happy.  I mean, she's happy with me, but not them!"


"Momma, I like staying longer days because there is funner things to do."

"Guess what!  I didn't have to do rest time today!  I got to play on the computer and do math games!"


"I like watching Mrs. Prescott on tv when she does birthdays.  You know, she's our principal and she's very important."


"Mrs. Bist does funny things with her voice - it's so silly!  When she passes out our papers she always says, 'if you don't put your name at the top you'll never see them again.'  She says it in a really deep silly voice."


"Mrs. Bist always carries around this big red book full of songs every morning."


He has recited all the rules of the classroom and the library.

He reports to us daily how many children went to time out.  The first day of school apparently 8 kids went to time out.  It has since dwindled down to 2, 1, and even one day he was so excited to report that NO children went to time out!

He got to choose something out of the beloved Treasure Chest one day this week.  He chose a lollipop. He was so excited!!



Why has it been a week and a half and every single morning after I drop him off and watch him walking to his classroom door I feel that lump come back in my throat?  I'm fine five minutes later but just seeing him walking to his class with his big backpack strapped on gets me every time!



Here are a few cute instagrams to leave you with:








1 comment:

  1. PRECIOUS! I would love to be a fly on the wall at my students' dinner times! :)

    ReplyDelete