Saturday, May 12, 2012

Remember Me?

Wow, I just looked at how long it's been since my last blog entry.  So sad.  I don't think I've ever gone this long.  A whole month!  I have had good intentions to sit down and catch my blog up but with all that I have had on my plate lately it just never materialized until now.  I have SO much to do but I am forcing myself to put this first tonight.  I have so much to catch up on!  Let's see. . . where to begin. . . since it's almost Mother's Day let's start with an update on my boys.

Chase Parker. . . has been a source of great joy lately and also great stress.  I considered writing a letter to him and posting it on the blog to let him read it 20 years from now and feel terrible about what he's put me through lately but I've decided not too.  I'm going to try to give him a break.

I love this shirt he has. . . he is definitely an original individual for sure!  I'll tell you a little about what's been going on. . .


BlogToday1


The child is not a good eater to put it mildly.  No, that's not really correct.  I guess I should say that differently.  The child is not a healthy eater.  I have struggled and struggled and struggled to get him to eat veggies, fruits, anything under the sun that is healthy.  I have met my match with stubbornness.  He has this insane attraction to any foods that crunch.  He loves every cracker known to man, every chip (even the "healthier" chips), basically anything that makes a sound when he bites down on it.  I have successfully gotten him to eat SOME healthy foods but it was only through extreme measures.  The extreme measures take a very bad toll on my mental state of mind.  And, on top of his eating issues he has the "mommy do not take your eyeballs off me" syndrome something FIERCE!  I cannot even move around my home freely.  In this picture below he actually IS eating apple slices but they must be laced with chocolate and peanut butter.  


BlogToday3


I have tried everything I know to do to get him to "unlove" me just a little bit.  I am much more popular with him than I need to be!  If I'm in the house he wants me to be looking at him, talking to him, holding him, etc.  I can't do laundry, I can't cook, I can't even pee.  It's become unbearable at times.  The other day Paul came home from work to find all three of us (me, Zach and Chase) crying.  I remember Zach going through this stage but I am WAY older now and can't handle it as well.


BlogToday7


Last week, my best friend would call in and check up on me. . . I definitely was on the brink.  In fact, she thought it appropriate to purchase this for me. . .


BlogToday10


I LOVED IT!!  It was just the humor break I needed.  I guess the only reason I have survived lately with Chase Parker is the love of my wonderful husband, my compassionate bestie, and grandma's that have come to my rescue.  Without these people I would have definitely been in search of an extremely tall cliff to hurl my body off of.  And, as stressful as the little guy has been lately, he is so freakin' cute when he gives kisses.  He LOVES giving kisses now and when he wraps his little arms around my neck, puts his hands on my face and plants a big smackeroo on my lips and looks at me with SUCH love and adoration I know that I can face at least one more day of this.  So. . . onward I go!  I keep telling myself eventually he will get over this and be a teenager locked away in his room refusing to talk to me.  Sad!!

And now the other boy. . . Zachary has been LOVING t-ball.  He has had a blast with his best friend Drew playing with the Mets.  His last game will be the end of this month and I know he will be sad.  It's been a wonderful experience for him.  He is also looking forward to summertime.  We have some awesome camps planned and hope to get in a couple family trips.  I can't believe school is almost out for the year and next Sunday I will be photographing my little boy in a cap and gown for his Pre-K graduation.  Wow.


BlogToday4


He's been having tons of fun running his trains at the Antique Car Museum.  His best buds Drew and Brady go with him and all the boys love it.


BlogToday5


I went in the laundry room the other day and found Zachary's two ducks in here like this.  I thought it was hilarious so I grabbed my iPhone.



BlogToday2

And recently I went to Destin to visit my niece Kelsey who was vacationing with her college friends.  I had a great time with them taking photos too!  Zachary and my brother David went with me and they, of course, were in heaven.  Zachary was SO shy around the girls. . . they thought he was so adorable.  He started warming up to them at the beach. . . they all helped him build sand castles.  It was a FUN day.

BlogToday8


And, this past Friday was the annual Mother's Day luncheon at Zach's preschool.  Every child filled out this "survey" on their mother.  Hilarious!  I especially love that he said I was "probably 18 years old."  Yeowwww!!  I'll take 18 any day!!


BlogToday9

And speaking of age. . . someone reminded me lately that I haven't even updated the blog with stories of my 40 birthday!  I'm so sorry. . . I guess in my old age and super busy schedule I forgot.  It was an awesome birthday despite having to tell the world that I am 40 now.  My husband surprised me by scheduling a hot air balloon ride.  Unfortunately the morning of my birthday rolled around and it was terrible weather.  After being spoiled all day though we were driving home that night and noticed a hot air balloon at the Antique Car Museum!  They were giving tethered rides.  So, technically I did take a hot air balloon ride on my birthday. . . just not the one planned.  We actually scheduled the ride with my best friend and her husband for the next day (that Sunday) and the weather STILL would not cooperate.  Apparently, the weather has to be PERFECT, in order for a hot air balloon to be able to go up.  We are STILL waiting on the ride.  I can't blame the weather though. . . it's just been nuts finding the time to do it.  We will soon though and I can't wait!


BlogToday11


Another to die for gift that I received for my 40th is my Clarisonic Mia.  Oh wow.  What a WONDERFUL little treat to have every day.  Ladies. . . I highly recommend it.  My face has never felt so good.  Thank you to my sweet bestie!  This thing is sooooo nice.  It cleans and exfoliates your skin and makes you feel like a million bucks.  Get one!


BlogToday12

Well, my blogging time is almost coming to an end. . . I've tried to update a little at least.  I have SO many pictures from recent photoshoots to edit that it's not even funny.  I have had so much photography fun though lately.   I have hired an awesome graphic designer and hope to launch my new website in a few short coming months.  When Chase Parker starts school in August I hope to have much more time to devote to my passion.  So. . . big news on this to come soon!

Well, I better get out of here.  Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful moms out there!  I plan to be celebrating tomorrow with my sweet hubby and boys but also with the most wonderful mom in the whole wide world!  

I LOVE YOU MOM!!!!!


1 comment:

  1. I love you too! Happy Mother's Day!!

    Momma

    ReplyDelete