Tuesday, April 10, 2012

An Easter Weekend Extravaganza. . .

Easter weekend was filled with gorgeous weather, Zach's first T-Ball game, Chase Parker's first Easter Egg hunt, a Bella Kate photoshoot, and a wonderful Easter Sunday. . .

Saturday morning my car was already packed.  Chairs ready to go and the camera bag filled with a charged camera, all the lenses, and three memory cards.  We were headed out to Zachary's first T-Ball game.  His team, the Mets were to start playing at 9AM.  We arrived at 8:30AM and the coach handed out all the tshirts (with their names on the back!) and hats.  Zachary looked SO ridiculously cute in his little uniform. I have no idea what the "score" was but the game lasted a little over an hour and Zach got to see quite a bit of action.  We were definitely proud parents on the sidelines.  His best friend, Drew, was playing on his team too so that made it even more special.  Both boys did exceptionally well.  Later that evening, after the game, when I was showing him some pictures he leaned over and asked me, "Mom, will I play baseball my whole life?"  I replied, "Not if you don't want to."  He said, "But yes!  I want to I want to!  I just love it!"  We shall see how the years and talent unfolds. . .

After the game we headed home to change clothes and get ready for the easter egg hunt at Grammy's church.  We usually try to go every year.  They have bounce houses and slides for the kids and always serve a yummy delish lunch complete with desserts.  This year was the first egg hunt for Chase since he wasn't even walking at his age last year.  The boys had a blast and I got a few good pictures.  Zachary was SO excited because he was the winner in his age group with 50 eggs.  He loved his prize.  The church is so generous to put this on for the community each year and we thank them!!  Fantastic day. . .

That evening I took Bella Kate outside just to see if I could get her to pose for a cute Easter picture.  I didn't have bunny ears available so I just grabbed the colorful, fun Dr. Seuss hat.  The dog is 98% human and a female so she is born to pose.  She was incredible!  I've already shared the "real" Easter picture on this post here but I have included, below, "out takes" from my shoot for your viewing pleasure.

Sunday we attended Easter services at our church.  It was packed as expected and we are thankful to be able to celebrate the real meaning of Easter.  Easter egg hunts along with all the trimmings are definitely a fun part but I want my kids to know the real meaning behind this special day.  I'm glad they do.

And, now, the pictures. . .

Can everyone say. . . ."AWWWWW!!!!"  How freakin' adorable is he!


ZachFirstTBallGame-39







ZachFirstTBallGame-43







ZachFirstTBallGame-37





two best buds for life. . . . 

ZachFirstTBallGame-5







ZachFirstTBallGame-14







ZachFirstTBallGame-15





getting instruction from his coach. . . 

ZachFirstTBallGame-32







ZachFirstTBallGame-21





Chase Parker eyeing the action.  (check out those eyebrows!)

ZachFirstTBallGame-11







ZachFirstTBallGame-9





SO PROUD OF MY LITTLE MET!!!!

ZachFirstTBallGame-52 copy





His first egg hunt. . . he loved it!  Got 16 eggs!

TrinityEasterEggHunt-9







TrinityEasterEggHunt-3







TrinityEasterEggHunt-11







TrinityEasterEggHunt-18







TrinityEasterEggHunt-14




Can you find the stud muffin in the picture?


TrinityEasterEggHunt-7





Gettin' some lovin' from Grammy and Daddy. . . 

TrinityEasterEggHunt-5







TrinityEasterEggHunt-1





Out takes from our shoot. . . check out her mouth!!!  She looks like she's going to devour the eggs.  


FlickrUpload1





Super Cool Bella!

BellaEasterEggs-3







BellaEasterEggs-5





The girl just has style. . . 

BellaEasterEggs-7

1 comment:

  1. just caught up on all your posts! I've been crazy busy lately with student teaching and babysitting, and oh yeah, talking to that new fella a lot, that I haven't had a lot of time to read blogs.... but just know that I love you and miss youuuuuuuuuu!!!!

    ReplyDelete