Monday, April 2, 2012

Vacay Update. . .

Ok, I've yet to post the pictures from our Spring Break vacay. . . shame on me!  I've been a little busy getting back into the swing of things after vacation, turning 40, etc.  But, nevertheless, here is my update.

We left on Wednesday of spring break week with every intention of going to Legoland and SeaWorld.  Part of it happened, part of it didn't.  The kids did fantastic on the ride to Winter Haven.  You know secretly, even though I love my Rover, I have been lusting after a minivan because they are just so kid friendly.  Amazingly, just a couple days prior to us leaving for the trip, Paul's truck had a recall.  When he took it into the dealer the part was on backorder (and still is!) so they gave him a minivan to drive.  It was completely. utterly. awesome to travel minivan style.  Both boys loved it too.  When we arrived we checked into our hotel.  I was curious to see how the first night would go with Chase Parker never visiting a hotel before.  I decided to sleep with him and Paul slept with Zach.  Chase did so well.  He cried a little at first and really looked confused that he was in a strange bed with his mother right beside him.  Soon he found out that it was really cool.  He snuggled so tight all night long.  Around 3AM his little head popped up like a turtle and he softly said, "Mama?".  He rubbed my head and tried to open my eyes then he put his head down and went back to sleep.

The next day Legoland was a blast.  Zachary and Chase enjoyed it alot.  It wasn't so big that it just drained the life out of you and I, especially, loved the Lego City display.  How awesome!  We arrived right when the park opened and left around 4pm.  It was a nice day.  It was tiring enough though that Paul and I decided we would try to talk Zachary out of SeaWorld the next day though.  It worked.  He was fine with the new plan.  We did still go onto to Orlando the next day.  But, instead of going to SeaWorld we had fun at the awesome water park our hotel offered and Paul had fun at a huge hobby store in Orlando.  The day was spent relaxing poolside and seeing the sights around Orlando.  It was fun.

Saturday afternoon we headed home and arrived around 4:30pm.  I was happy to see that Bella Kate and Blue had survived us being gone.  My nephew Aaron took care of our beloved pets while we were gone. And, the hair on the floor was not too bad despite my constant worry!  (Secretly though, the first thing I did when I got home was vacuum!)

It was a fun week and we did enjoy the time off with Daddio.  This was a small step towards building our courage for Disney World one day.

Enjoy some pictures.  I'll include the link to all of them at the bottom.  Here are a few of my favorites.


LegolandTrip_March2012-48







LegolandTrip_March2012-24







LegolandTrip_March2012-30







LegolandTrip_March2012-36







LegolandTrip_March2012-38





Lego City in the background. . . totally cool!

LegolandTrip_March2012-41







LegolandTrip_March2012-49





our fine city was featured!

LegolandTrip_March2012-54







LegolandTrip_March2012-56







LegolandTrip_March2012-66





Chase Parker and Daddy taking a nap. . .

LegolandTrip_March2012-75







LegolandTrip_March2012-85




The Pirate water ski show was pretty fun


LegolandTrip_March2012-93







LegolandTrip_March2012-43





Silliness at our Orlando hotel. . . 

LegolandTrip_March2012-96







LegolandTrip_March2012-97







LegolandTrip_March2012-98





Hotel water park. . . nice!

LegolandTrip_March2012-2







LegolandTrip_March2012-11







LegolandTrip_March2012-16







LegolandTrip_March2012-23







LegolandTrip_March2012-6









LegolandTrip_March2012-10

heres the link to more pics if you want. . .

http://www.flickr.com/photos/birdwellfamily/sets/72157629663221387/


No comments:

Post a Comment