Monday, June 6, 2011

A Hairy Predicament. . . An OCD Mom's Cry for Help.

The cats are losing hair by the mounds every single day.  The more I brush them the more they seem to lose.  It's a nightmare for me, being the "way I am" and all.  Here's the predicament:

The entire downstairs of our home is hardwood flooring.  The strictly indoor cats are losing their winter coats ferociously.  I vacuum the floors and the furniture on average at least three times per week.  This is not enough it seems.  A day after I vacuum I can walk through the house (barefoot since we don't wear shoes in our home) and I notice puffs of hair blowing at my feet.  Uugh.  That is not REALLY to my liking but what sends me over the edge is the fact that my sweet baby boy is crawling all over the place with his hands that he has sucked on constantly.  He is a magnet for the mounds of stray cat hair.  I cannot handle that, it is a nightmare.

So, I find myself with the urge to vacuum constantly.  This presents another problem.  First problem is I'm spending too much time vacuuming.  Secondly, the 30 foot hose on our central vac is very exciting to our crawling baby.  He wants to follow me around constantly and pull on it, get tangled in it, and generally make it impossible to vacuum.  So, I contain him either in his crib with toys or his jumperoo.  This makes him very mad.

My predicament in a nutshell:  I can either vacuum constantly and listen to Chase Parker scream and then relax as I watch him crawl around the clean floor for a short few hours before there is hair again or I can not vacuum and constantly worry that he is eating too much cat hair.

The solution? I don't know???  Shave the cats?  Sell the cats?  Move to a far away country and let my husband figure it all out??

In all seriousness. . . I am halfway kidding about how much it bothers me.  But, it sure would be nice to have sweet little kitties WITHOUT all the hair!

In other news. . . Chase Parker and Zach enjoyed a wagon ride this morning before it got too hot.  We enjoyed seeing goats, donkeys, and even buzzards on the walk.  Grammy joined us and we had a blast.  The boys are loving summer already.

No comments:

Post a Comment