Tuesday, March 13, 2012

everybody deserves to play hookie once in a while. . .

My alarm went off this morning and I refused to get up and go to the gym.  I was diligent and went yesterday morning but this morning I reset my alarm and hit the sack again.  I was just sleeping so well.  When the alarm went off again at 5:45 AM I just couldn't do it.  Hubby was sleeping in and I had the random thought of playing hookie go through my head.  I just did not feel like getting up, rushing to get breakfast, get Zach ready for school, VACUUM yet again, and have that same ol' schedule.  So, I made myself feel better by telling myself that Zach needed to play hookie too.  So, back to sleep I went again.

At 7AM when Zachary came in our room, I could tell he was surprised to see us both still in bed.  He asked me "what is going on"?  He crawled in to snuggle for a few minutes and I asked him if he wanted to play hookie.  Of course he said yes.

So, we invited Uncle David to go with us for the morning.  We hit Tom Brown Park and let Zach drive his monster truck for awhile.  Chase Parker had a blast too.  Uncle David CANNOT drive the truck.  He is dangerous.  Zachary, however, is an awesome driver.  (Except for the one time he ran over his brother.)  After the park we headed to Zoinks.  We wore ourselves completely out.  And, the uncle, who is turning FIFTY (yes, that's 50) in a few short months was POOPED.  He needs to get in shape to hang with the young crowd!  I say get in shape loosely and comically.  The old man regularly takes 20+ mile bike rides several times a week.  I guess he's in pretty good shape.

We had a yummy lunch at Firehouse before going our separate ways.  Uncle David was going home to work in his vegetable garden (what a retired life!) while the boys and I headed home.

I put Chase Parker down for a much needed rest and then headed out to wash the nasty Rover.  It was filthy!!  Zach had fun getting drenched in the water hose and watering every strip of grass in our yard.  Now I am pooped.  Big time.

We are currently inside in the cool A/C resting up so we will have energy for T Ball practice this evening.  I think I've exhausted myself. Whew.  It may have been smarter to just get up and do my regular day this morning.

Here are a few cute pictures and videos. . .

Oh!  P.S.  I hope to have the pictures from our weekend beach trip soon.  It was fun fun fun!  Zach and his best buddy had JUST about as good a time as I did with Erin.  We all had a great time.  That post coming soon!


BlogPark1







BlogPark2







BlogPark3







BlogPark4













1 comment:

  1. SO JEALOUS! not just bc you got to play hookie, but bc you went to FIREHOUSE subs!!!! I LOVE THAT PLACE!!!!!! YUM!

    ReplyDelete