Saturday, December 17, 2011

A Star Studded Christmas Program. . .

Ok, nothing is cuter at Christmas time (or anytime) than 2, 3, and 4 year olds up on stage performing!  Yesterday we enjoyed Zachary's Christmas program at his preschool.  I am happy to report that my son participated this year.  Last year when he was on stage for different programs I thought maybe I needed to go up there and check his pulse.  He never participated in singing, hand movements, or speaking, even though at home he sung and practiced all the time!  Up on stage he just stood there looking like he was at death's door.  It was so frustrating for me!  Me, who wants fantastic video and pictures, but how could I get them with my child looking drugged!  Uugh.  So, this year I decided bribery might be the way to go.  So, I tried it and, happy to report, it worked.

I had been telling Zach for weeks that if he sung the songs, with hand movements, spoke his part into the microphone where everyone could hear that we would go to Walmart after the program and buy him a monster truck.  He was so excited and so was I.  When I saw him after the show of course that was the very first thing he asked me.  When the kids came down the aisle, headed to the stage, as the program started I saw Zachary walking briskly and looking extremely focused and serious like he was on a mission to win a monster truck.  I knew I had a chance at winning this year!

Papa, Grammy, Uncle David, Grandma, Granddaddy, Chase Parker and Daddy were all in attendance with me at the show.  We had the very first row.  I was lucky to get good seats.  EVERYONE got there early.

Zachary played the part of one of the three kings.  He looked so handsome.   And, most of all, at some points during the show he actually even looked like he was having fun.  Kudos to his wonderful teacher, Candace Duclos and all the staff at the school for a wonderful performance!  TUMP rocks!!!

After his program we took him out to lunch to celebrate.  Grammy, Papa, Uncle David, and Chase Parker went with us.  We all had a fun day!

Below I have included some pictures from the show and a little video.  I also have pictures of a special present that Zachary brought his Daddy and me for Christmas.  He made it at school and it is, of course, one of our favorite decorations.

Enjoy some pictures now. . .



a Christmas wreath design made out of Zach's handprints. . . say it with me. . . "awwwww".

ZachTreasures-1




Zach's Christmas tree and presents. . . 

ZachTreasures-2




will never tire of seeing that sweet little signature he has. . . 

ZachTreasures-3




my King! (Zach is in the middle with the purple robe and crown)

Zach_TUMPChristmasProgram-1




one of Zach's best friends performing like the star he is!

Zach_TUMPChristmasProgram-2




Zach's other best friend (we call them the 3 Muskateers) doing a fantastic job!

Zach_TUMPChristmasProgram-5




Chase Parker did this the entire time. . . the children had his full undivided attention!

Zach_TUMPChristmasProgram-6




saying his part (bribery is the key!)

Zach_TUMPChristmasProgram-7






Zach_TUMPChristmasProgram-8






Zach_TUMPChristmasProgram-9




this is when they all were supposed to smile for the cameras at the very end. .. hilarious!

Zach_TUMPChristmasProgram-10






Zach_TUMPChristmasProgram-12



Here is a little video. . . sadly, it does not have his speaking part on it.  Paul was videoing with another camera while I was taking pictures and videoing with my SLR just a little.  Paul videoed the speaking part and I can't get the video off that camera onto my computer.  Yikes!  Am working on it!  Sorry for the technical difficulty.  . . . and, sorry for the microphone blocking your view of Zachary in this video.









the Zach cheering section. . . 

Zach_TUMPChristmasProgram-15






Zach_TUMPChristmasProgram-16




The after show, let your hair down moments. . . . EVERYBODY loves Chase Parker. . . who could blame them?

Zach_TUMPChristmasProgram-17






Zach_TUMPChristmasProgram-19






Zach_TUMPChristmasProgram-20






Zach_TUMPChristmasProgram-21





the entire crew (minus me!) for a family shot

Zach_TUMPChristmasProgram-22




I'm SO proud of all three of my boys!

Zach_TUMPChristmasProgram-23




and lastly, THE picture of the year. . . without the tape. . . 

Christmas2011_BoysPic

No comments:

Post a Comment