Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Hustlin' and Bustlin'. . .

Our Home Looks Like Christmas!

Finally the decorations are done.  I've had the inside decorations done since Thanksgiving weekend but finally just put the finishing touches on the outside.  Zachary and Chase helped me put the last strand of lights on this afternoon when we arrived home from school.  (Paul and I did most of the outside lights over the weekend but we saved a little for Zach to help with.)


ChristmasInsideDecorations2011-1






ChristmasInsideDecorations2011-9






ChristmasInsideDecorations2011-12



Zachary's little tree in his room. . . 



ChristmasInsideDecorations2011-17






ChristmasInsideDecorations2011-8



The decorations would not be complete without the Christmas train!


ChristmasInsideDecorations2011-7




and the Christmas kitty!  (We are missing our other three animals that we lost this past year.  Our first Christmas in a long while without Jessi, Alex, and Pootie.)



ChristmasInsideDecorations2011-6






ChristmasInsideDecorations2011-16


and the Nativity. . . remembering that Jesus is the Reason for the Season.



nativityscene-1



I have not had the gumption this year to go hog wild with outside lights like we usually have done in past years.  I told Paul that Zachary may let us slide if we put out a train blow up decoration this year.  So, I found a Thomas Train and sure enough, that did the trick.  I haven't heard one complaint that there aren't enough lights outside.  Usually Paul and I stay up ALL night long putting out the lights but this year I just couldn't get on board with that idea.



outsidelights-2






outsidelights-1






outsidelights-3






outsidelights-4



Every year I primarily do all the "research" and figure out a good list of Christmas gifts for the boys.  After my list is compiled Paul will sit down with me and give me his opinion and then I do all the ordering.  (sounds like an easy job for Paul huh!)  Well, Sunday morning at 3AM it was finally DONE!  And, all packages are in stock and are due to arrive well before Christmas.  I am always relieved when this can be crossed off my list.

We are looking forward to a family Christmas party at my brother's house this year.  I love seeing their home decorated for Christmas.  My sister in law has an amazing gift for decorating.  We are sure to have a fantastic time.  I am going to bake an oreo cheesecake for everyone!  We are also going to play our Giftmas game which is a family tradition.

We also have Zach's Christmas play to see this week.  It will be this Friday at his school.  He is one of the three kings and is so excited that everyone is coming to see him.  I'm happy to say that he knows his line.     

And, next week Zachary is looking forward to having his friends over for a playdate.  I thought we would make some Gingerpops together.  I'm sure it will be a hilarious time as usual.








And finally. . . from our family to yours. . . Merry Christmas!!




2011BirdwellChristmasCard_FOR PRINTING















No comments:

Post a Comment