Saturday, December 10, 2011

Playing Hookie To Play Play Play!

Yesterday I woke up and thought to myself that it sure would be fun to play all day with my boys.  At breakfast I asked Zach if he had anything important going on at school that day.  He told me, "probably just the same schedule", and then he went thoroughly through every detail of the order of his days at preschool.  After listening to all I simply asked if he would like to play hookie to play with Mommy and brother all day.  He grinned and said, "well, I guess that would be ok."

We started off our day with a yummy breakfast and then snuggled together under a blanket on the couch and watched Charlie Brown Christmas on tv.  That didn't last long for Chase Parker who decided getting down on the floor to crash trucks would be much more fun.

After breakfast we went upstairs and started building a new train track.  I am not the best at this and am always amazed at Zach's skills in this area.  He can put a cool track together in no time!

Afterwards we got dressed and the boys and I headed to the park.  It was nice to have the park to ourselves!  Grandma met us there and had fun too.

It was nap time by then so we came home to let Chase Parker recharge his batteries.  Around 12:30 Grammy came over and we hit the road out to lunch at Firehouse Subs.  Then a little shopping for a project I thought Zach and his buddies from school might like to do for a playdate.

By the time we got home we were ALL ready for naps.  The boys took good ones while I tried to get some stuff done around the house.  In the meantime I developed a nasty headache unfortunately.  Paul and I had planned to take the boys out for pizza with Grandma, Granddaddy and Trevor but when dinner time came I was in no shape to go.  So, I went to bed and Paul took the kids to dinner.  At least they had fun!

Zach went home with Grandma, Granddaddy and Trevor for a fun sleepover.  Chase Parker actually stayed out and awake much past his bedtime!  And, slept late this morning!  Whoohooo for me and Paul!!

Actually since I had gone to bed so early last night I woke up at 1:30AM wide awake and decided to do some Christmas shopping online.   So, I did that til 3:30AM then hit the bed again.  

Today we have a fun birthday party planned and then an evening out with our friends the Harrells.  Hopefully we can go to Killearn Methodist Church this weekend to see the live nativity scene!  Christmas is a fun time of year!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!









































No comments:

Post a Comment