Thursday, January 5, 2012

Our Christmas Holidays. . . .and My NEW Favorite Things.

Zachary knew his holiday break was nearing the end.  Yesterday he told me, "Momma I don't want to go back to school.  It's just WORK WORK WORK all day long!"  He has thoroughly enjoyed his break from all his so called work these past two weeks.  He's been spoiled rotten by both grandparents and having his Daddy home from work with him too.  We've had an enjoyable "time off" but I have to say, as a woman who loves and thrives on routine, I am glad to be back to "normal".  Definitely.

We had a wonderful Christmas holiday and New Years.  On Christmas Eve we enjoyed a yummy steak and lobster dinner with all the trimmings at Grandma Birdwell's house.  Then it was present time of course.  The boys loved that.  After a fabulous time there we returned back home early so the boys could get a good night's rest (and we could stay up to the wee hours of the morning putting together toys and wrapping!  Uugh.  Not my favorite part!)  Zachary was SO excited.

Christmas morning finally came and Zach actually waited until his clock turned 7AM before getting up.  Is this child MY child or what!  Always trying to follow rules.  Our bedroom has a straight shot look across the house into the living room directly to where the Christmas tree is.  We saw Zach come up to the tree and visibly saw his excited "Oh!"  He stared at everything intently for a minute and then here he came running!  He came up to our bed and loudly exclaimed "Santa came!  Santa came!"  What came next was hilarious.  He said, "Momma and Daddy!  Even though I've been naughty sometimes I prayed last night and God still sent Santa!"  Oh the laughter that came out of that.  We rolled!

So, we hurriedly got up and by this time Chase Parker was waking up so we grabbed him out of his crib too.  Everyone went in and did our "ooohhh and ahhhh's".  It was a fun morning.

Christmas afternoon we headed over to my parent's house for more presents and then Christmas dinner.  We played an AWESOME game too.  I can't describe it well but it was a fast paced, hilarious game to get a cool Christmas ornament.  Thank you Mom for so much fun!  Mom also had Christmas trivia for us to answer and win prizes.  What fun we have as a family.  I'm so thankful for those times.  Even though my brother Steve and family live in Tennessee and can't be with us we still get to talk to them by phone.  They were missed on Christmas for sure.

The next week and a half was spent taking down decorations, golfing, Wild Adventure trip, bike riding, shopping, bouncehouse fun, etc.  We had fun fun fun with Daddy while he was home.  Bella Kate enjoyed her first Christmas as our newest family member too.  She has made herself right at home and is enjoying being a Birdwell.  She spoils us rotten too!

Even through all the hustle and bustle and excitement of the holidays with all the great food, good times, and mounds of toys, one of my favorite moments was this:  I asked Zachary one night what the real meaning of Christmas was and what the most important part of our celebration is.  Without skipping a beat he simply answered, "Baby Jesus was born".  It's important to me that he knows that.

Now of course the pictures that you knew were coming. . . .


Christmas Eve at Grandma and Granddaddy Birdwell's

Christmas2011-5




can that be more of a fake smile on Zach's face or WHAT!

Christmas2011-4






Christmas2011-6






Christmas2011-8



Christmas Morning. . . 


Christmas2011-11






Christmas2011-12






Christmas2011-13






Christmas2011-16






Christmas2011-19






Christmas2011-17






Christmas2011-21




One of his favorite toys. . . his Hex Bugs and Habitat!  

Christmas2011-24






Christmas2011-26












Christmas2011-15



The HUGE 51" ball that Santa thought we must have. . . . . (why???)

Can you find Zach peeking out of it?


BigRedBall-1






BigRedBall-2






BigRedBall-4






BigRedBall-5






BigRedBall-7






BigRedBall-9






BigRedBall-10






BigRedBall-12






BigRedBall-11



Now the Instagrams. . . .







We have entered the Wii world now. . . 






Fun at Wild Adventures!!












New Year's Eve!!





Is this not a HUGE paw???  (but oh what a sweet one!)





the girl does have the life. . .




which brings me to a couple of MY favorite new things. . . .


My good friend, Erin, recommended both of these items to me.  She knows my frustration with hair and my OCD sickness so she stepped in to help.  I'm so loving my new vacuum and doggie hair brush.  What a difference they make in my stress level.  Wow.  To think that a vacuum and hairbrush is on the top of my list of favorite things is indicating a serious problem.  ;)


the best $79 my husband has spent in a long time. . . 

ChristmasBlogPics-1




and yes, it looks like it doesn't do much but OH MY!  what a job it does.  Awesome FURminator!!

ChristmasBlogPics-6




AND. . . without sweet Bella Kate a vacuum and hairbrush would not be on my list of new favorite things!  She is definitely at the top of my list of favorite new things though!  LOOK at this face!  Yes, I am in love!  She is pure happiness all wrapped up in one big furball that gets all over my floors.



ChristmasBlogPics-3






ChristmasBlogPics-5




and, yes, she knows how to "work it girl!" with those eyes. . . . 

ChristmasBlogPics-4




before I go, speaking of my good friend Erin. . . look at the incredible RAINBOW CAKE she made for her son's recent 5th birthday.  I WANT ONE!  I WANT ONE!!!  (and it was absolutely delish too!!)




Drew5thBirthday-76



HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!



2 comments:

  1. love the recap! wish I could be with yall! love youuuuuuu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great times! We miss you all. Steve

    ReplyDelete