Monday, January 7, 2013

Chehaw Fun!

Recently my dad told me of a wild animal park in Albany, GA.  He had done some research online and decided it would be a great place for the boys to visit.  I had my reservations that it would be anything grand. . . afterall. . . it is Albany.  And, the way he described it sounded like a little step up from our own Junior Museum.  But, nevertheless, I agreed to it and decided to go with my parents and the boys. With one stipulation. . . .we must travel in my car. . . a roomy mini-van complete with built in dvd players and wireless headsets.  Ah. . . .

Since we bought the car a few months ago we have never let the boys watch the DVDs (except for one time that we were learning how to work them LOL!).  I am pretty strict on letting them watch movies and tv.  The DVD player is reserved for out of town trips.  So, they were excited that they were finally going to get to watch movies!

We left last Friday morning and, to my surprise, the drive was not bad at all.  Only about an hour and a half.  We had a good time together.

When we arrived I was shocked to see that we were one of TWO cars in the entire (very large) parking lot.  As we approached the entrance it looked completely deserted.  It was.  No animal workers.  No people manning the gift shop.  No restaurants open.  Nothing.  But. . . it was completely spotless.  Brick walkways or either board walks, very clean restrooms, etc.  I was amazed.  We enjoyed the entire day almost completely by ourselves.  I think we saw three other families the entire day.  The boys LOVED it!!

Here is the thing I absolutely completely utterly HATED:  I did not bring my "big" camera.  Just my freakin' iPhone.  I thought about it, knew I would be dealing with a stroller, kids, etc. and just didn't really want to lug it along.  EVERYTIME I make this decision I end up regretting it. . . obviously I don't learn this lesson well.  So, ALL of these pictures are from my iPhone (with an exception of a few that mom took).  Boo hoo!!!  But, they are still good memories to have.  Get ready for picture overload though. . . there are LOTS.

My dad definitely did good on this one!


can't believe my mom got this close!  These Lama's were my favorite animals.











SNAKES!


Chickens running around everywhere. . .








this pond looked like green carpet. . . spooky.  Would die if I fell in!!




















Can't you just hear him say, "I know a great dentist, let me get his number for you."


























Can you find Zach?
























They had a HUGE playground too. . . it was awesome!




Maybe I loved her so much because she reminds me of Bella LOL!  :)  She's adorable!!


It was a great trip.  Thanks Mom and Dad!  I loved spending the day with you.




No comments:

Post a Comment