Tuesday, November 1, 2011

What to do with ALL this candy???? Steal it? Resist It? Feed it to the cat?

Halloween was a blast but with it comes MUCH unwanted temptation for Mom.  I'm here all day staring at the huge bowl of candy on my kitchen counter.  My child is at school.  He'll never miss just one or two pieces that I eat right?  But will he miss them if I eat one or two pieces each hour he is away?  I looked it over thoroughly today and the boy got the GOOD candy.  Chocolate out the wazoo. . . sweet tarts. . . tootsie rolls. . . the works.  All the candy that is right up my alley but oh not so good for my hips and thighs.  What's a mom to do?  I could give it away because it's really not good for my son to eat either.  I could put it on a very high shelf in the pantry so it would be a pain to get down and eat.  I could be an adult about this and put mind over matter and give it to him sparingly and then never give into temptation myself and keep going to the gym every day without even a thought about the scrumptious delicious candy sitting there staring at me.   Well, I'll let you guess what the outcome of this situation will be. . . .

In the meantime I will fill you in on our fun Halloween holiday.  The boys had so much fun!  On Sunday afternoon we had a great time carving our pumpkin.  Daddy did most of the work of course but the boys had fun nevertheless.  As you will see from the pictures Chase Parker was more interested in his socks than carving the pumpkin.

On Monday Zach had a great time at school. His class wore their costumes to school and went trick or treating before having a halloween party and pizza lunch.  Everyone was adorable in their costumes!  I was happy to volunteer to help and had fun taking pictures of course.

After dinner the boys got into their costumes and let me take a few pictures outside.  They are not the most cooperative but I got what I could.  I love my little Superman and my Foreman of Birdwell Destruction Company.  What cutie pies they were all dressed up!

Halloween night came and it was time for Cooper and Cassidy to go trick or treating with us around our neighborhood.  Before they arrived though Grammy and Papa and David, Deke, and Aaron came over bearing treats for the boys.  They were spoiled rotten.

The Harrell twins and our boys had a blast together.  And, the adults always do too.  Chase Parker did surprisingly well staying up til 8:30!  He loved walking around with the big kids.  It was definitely a happy halloween.  Hope yours was too.

Enjoy some pictures. . .


PumpkinCarving2011-10






PumpkinCarving2011-18






PumpkinCarving2011-14






PumpkinCarving2011-7






PumpkinCarving2011-8






TUMC_halloween2011-10






TUMC_halloween2011-17






HalloweenNight2011-1






HalloweenNight2011-2






HalloweenNight2011-7






HalloweenNight2011-6






HalloweenNight2011-5






HalloweenNight2011-8




and finally, some Instagrams. . . 























1 comment:

  1. sooooooooooo precious!!!!!!!!


    and the first paragraph made me laugh out loud. you're funny. and btw, you can totally afford some candy! you look gooooooood :)

    ReplyDelete