Saturday, July 9, 2011

Chuggin' Around Bristol. . .

Leave it to my parents to find a teeny tiny blurb in the Tallahassee Democrat about a restored steam engine that will give rids in the teeny tiny town of Bristol, Florida.

Of course Zachary was over the top excited about this upcoming adventure.  I had a photoshoot this morning but as soon as I got done I headed home and helped Paul get the kids ready to go.  Grammy and Papa came over around 10:45 and out the door we went!

When we arrived approximately an hour later at the Veterans Memorial Railroad I was pleasantly surprised.  The grounds were beautiful and they had so many interesting things for Zachary to have fun with.  Chase Parker was in a great mood and was enjoying all the sights and sounds.  He LOVED the ride!

Unfortunately the restored steam engine had problems earlier and had to go for a "rest" in the shed.  So, we didn't get to ride that one but they did bring out another one (more like a kiddie train) for everyone to ride.  Zach absolutely loved it and I loved seeing him love it!  It went on about a mile track and travelled through the woods, over a bridge, and through a tunnel.  I would say about a 20 minute slow ride.

Afterwards we went through the one and only red light in Bristol and headed to Blountstown to the one and only McDonalds.  I felt like I was arriving in New York City by the time we returned to Tally!

We learned that this organization in Bristol also gives rides at Halloween and Christmas.  We may not make the Halloween ride because we are planning to take him to ride Thomas the Tank Engine in Cordele, GA that month.  But, Bristol apparently puts on a big show at Christmas so we will definitely bring him.  When Zach heard that they let you rent out the train for birthday parties he was SO excited.  He's already started begging for his 5th birthday party to be there.   I'm kind of leaning toward letting him have it there because we will only invite immediate family most likely (who would want to travel all the way to Bristol!) and I wouldn't have to have a huge bash like I did this year.  We will see. . . .

As I mentioned before I had a photoshoot earlier in the morning.  I had a wonderful time!  This particular family was so fun to work with.  Truly beautiful people inside and out!  I'm enjoying my hobby more and more.  It's so nice to have the equipment to be able to learn all this cool stuff.  Maybe one day I will actually be able to take pictures of my own children.  I doubt it though. . . they NEVER will behave for me it seems.  Even my own husband is a hard one to handle!  I've included a few of my favorites from today's shoot.  You can see more at my photoblog (http://birdwellphotography.blogspot.com/).

Here are a few pics (and one video) from our adventurous day. . .



































the coolest engineer!



a very large bystander watching the choo choo!







my favorite engineer of all.


























from my fantastically fun photoshoot!!




















No comments:

Post a Comment