Sunday, September 11, 2011

A SuperWoman Kind Of Day. . .



My day started at 5:15AM.  Got out of bed, got dressed, put my hat on my bed head, earrings in my ears so people would know I was female, did my stretches and headed out of the dark sleepy household to the gym.  Absolutely no one was there to know if I was male or female and it was quite nice having the gym all to myself.  Worked out until 6:30AM and headed back home.  Returned to a dark sleepy house and quietly slipped into the shower.

I heard the first man get up, then the second, then the third.  By this time I was showered and dressed and ready for breakfast out with my men.  We enjoyed our smiley faced pancakes and then headed to Lake Ella to have some family fun with the ducks.  (See my separate post for the day for cute pictures!)

After we returned home the boys played a little while hubby and I relaxed on the couch watching.  Pretty soon it was apparent that the wee man needed a nap.  While I was putting him to bed Paul and Zachary headed off to Tom Brown Park to see more of the bike races from yesterday.  Then my day REALLY started. . .

While Chase was napping I. . . . .

put a new recipe for BBQ shredded pork in the slow cooker
cleaned the kitchen countertops
cleaned all the stainless steel in the kitchen
cleaned the kitchen table
dusted furniture in living room, dining room
cleaned three baths

Then the little dude woke up so I . . . .

had fun swinging with him in the "nana" swing on the screened porch
fed him his snack
organized his clothes in his dresser drawers
washed two loads of laundry, folded and put away
made sweet tea
warmed leftover homemade veggie soup for Paul and Zach who were on their way home

After the men arrived home I. . . .

fed them lunch and got Zach ready for his nap
asked Paul to take Chase upstairs while I vacuumed downstairs
vacuumed downstairs
mopped the hardwood floors

When Paul left for his afternoon mountain bike ride I. . . .

played with Chase
wrote my blog about our Lake Ella adventure
visited with my Mom when she came over to get Zach

After Mom and Zach left I. . . .

fed Chase his dinner
gave Chase his bath

After Daddy arrived home I. . . .

watched him play with Chase a few minutes
put Chase to bed for night night
finished up cooking the new BBQ shredded pork recipe
swept off the screened porch and wiped down the rails

After Zach arrived home I. . . .

prepared BBQ shredded pork with chips, cheddar cheese, pickles and fresh fruit

After dinner I . . . .

sent the boys outside to wash Daddy's bike off and play ball
finished up cleaning the dinner dishes and kitchen
went outside and trimmed all the hedges in front of our house with the electric trimmers
blew off the driveway
intermittently played ball with Zach when my arms needed a rest from trimming bushes
trimmed bushes below Chase's bedroom window with the manual clippers since I didn't want the noise to wake him

After I was done outside I. . . .

came inside to find the two boys eating ice cream in the bath tub
got my shower
brushed Zach's teeth and got him ready for bed
blogged this blog

And now I'm going to go. . . .

get my well deserved full body massage from my loving sweet husband who certainly appreciates all his wife did today.

Did I forget anything? I MUST have forgotten something. . . to tired to think of it right now though.

4 comments:

  1. My dear niece,
    What an incredible day you had! I don't know about you, but after reading your blog, I'm exhausted! Hope you're resting a bit today!

    School is in the 3rd week here in Lexington and all is going well. Corey's a senior and Megan is a freshman. Love to all...Aunt Di

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are a super mom! just read all your posts! WHEW!

    :)

    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! guess who I ran into Friday night at Publix? Greg Ramer.....wierd. :)_Ruth

    ReplyDelete